Today almost everyone is on social media in some form. Here are some resources for navigating that with your teen.
- Right Click: Parenting Your Teenager in a Digital Media World (Fuller Youth Institute)
- #Struggles: Following Jesus in A Selfie World – Craig Groeschel
- The Shallows: what the internet is doing to our brains– Nicholas Carr
- Health advisory on social media use in adolescence – May 2023 – American Psychological Association
- 3 reasons you shouldn’t call your teen a tech addict– Sticky Faith
- The Parents saying No to smartphones
- Love vs Like- Dilemma of Social Media– Parent Cue
- 5 New Rules for Digital Parenting– Parent Cue
- Split Image, ESPN Article on Social Media, Body Image, and Suicide
- Social Media, help or hurt?– CNN
- Snapchat Cosmo After Dark– Protect Young Eyes
- Research on Social Media and Mental Health– RSPH
- Teen Social Media Habits and Experiences– Pew Internet
- The Impact of social media on teens’ mental health.
- Yolo App– anonymous feedback app on Snapchat