We live in a sexualized culture. Through movies and TV shows it’s not long before kids will start to wonder what’s the deal. There are resources below on how to talk about sex with your kids, not once but to have an open dialogue as more questions come up. It is hard to pass on a biblical view of sexuality when it is so distorted in culture. Often students will learn more from what they see than what may be taught.
- Can I Ask That Volume 2: More Hard Questions About God and Faith by Jim Candy, Kara Powell, and Brad Griffin
- Chapter 5: Is Sex Outside Marriage Wrong?
- Truth about Sex, Love, Dating, and just being friends – Chad Eastham
- New Rules for Love, Sex, and Dating – Andy Stanley
- Parents hold influence on teens’ view of sex– CNN
- Phase Timeline– Orange. This is great to give you a road map of what when.
- 7 tips for talking about sexuality with your kids
- Birds and the Bees – This website is great. They have a free printable doc that gives a guide or a course that you can purchase.
- how to discuss sex with teens– Orange